The other day I was talking to a client about content that they could offer as a bonus or ways that others could sell their products for them. I was amazed that they did not know these things existed. I realized that someone who is new to or does not know much about internet marketing, such as yourself, probably does not know what these are either. So today, In this post, I am going to tell you about free or low-cost content that you can offer as a way to build value for your customers. I should note that not all PLR is free and you are advised to examine the license agreement before you give it away. There are other types of content with free giveaway rights that can be used to give out for free. I will first talk about content rights and then talk a bit about affiliate marketplaces where you can find products to sell.
So What the Heck is Content Rights and PLR?
PLR stands for Private Label Rights. This type of content is sold to online marketers with the full right to resell the products. Most of the time the ability to modify and change parts of the content to meet the needs of the marketer are included. The content is already created and is usually digital. An example of this might be an eBook that you receive for free when you enter your name and email address into a form online. The eBook is most likely PLR content that the company that sent it to you paid for. There are also video courses and other types of content that are offered through PLR sites. These are generally paid items that are only for sale. I will not be targeting any specific PLR sites in this post because there are a lot of them. These sites offer content from paid memberships and there are some that offer free downloads a certain number of times.
There are a few different licensing models for such content so when you are looking for it, make sure it allows you to use it for what you want. You can find the rights inside of the licensing terms file.
Some of the other licensing models are:
- Master Resell Rights: These rights allow the sale of the product along with the resale rights
- Resell Rights: Only allows the reselling of the product without the rights.
- Private Label Rights: The author sells all of their intellectual property rights. There are no exclusive rights.
- Giveaway Rights: The content can be given away for free.
- Personal Rights: For personal use
So now that we have covered PLR.
So Why Should I Use Such Content?
This type of content is a great way to increase the value you offer to your customers by giving them free or low-cost items. By using such items effectively, you can deliver a lot of value to your customers and make them want to hear from you. Some of the content that you will find online may only be a simple report or it could even be a full-blown course. As you start to navigate the waters of using PLR to help your customers on their journey, you will need to make sure that the content is well created. I have come across a lot of content that is very poorly written or highly plagiarised. It is important to check it out before you offer it to your customers.
Alright, So What About Marketplaces?
I will not go too much into details about marketplaces but this is where you can find products to actually sell. Places like Clickbank, JVZoo, and CJ.com are some of the more well-known marketplaces. Basically though, any place that has an affiliate program allows you to market their products for a commission. You just have to sign up for their program and follow their terms. These are not products that you generally offer for free or download to offer as a low-cost item. Instead, this eliminates you from having to own or develop your own product to sell. One recommendation here is that you purchase the item. This will help you in the following ways.
- To make sure it is a quality product before offering it to your customers. This will allow you to hopefully maintain your reputation.
- It will give you a working knowledge of the product in case someone asks you for help. Also, knowing the product will allow you to create tutorials or reviews of the products.
How Does This Work With Combinations? Why Should I combine?
From a marketing perspective, you can use the free giveaway PLR items as an offer to combine with your affiliate links. For instance, let’s say that you are offering a cooking course for your affiliate product. You can offer a digital cookbook as your free item for download. Why would you do this? Well, there are a couple of reasons.
- Offering a free item will help your contacts feel as though they are getting great value.
- Offering a free item through an opt-in form will allow you to build your list. After the opt-in form, you could potentially send the visitor to a confirmation page with your link to the product or a redirect to your affiliate page. I would recommend against this and send out to your list instead. It will make your customers feel like you are not just there to sell to them. Instead, they will find value in what you are offering.
- You can use a combination of the free PLR item on the first page and then offer a paid PLR item as a purchase on a sales page of your funnel. Something like this is known as an upsell.
- You can also use PLR for an eBook version of a course as the free item and then offer the video course as the upsell.
So that is all for this post, content rights, PLR, and other types of content are pretty straight forward. I will expand more in an upcoming post about marketplaces. Think of this one as a primer to get you ready for the discussion of how they work. Remember, JUST KEEP GOING!!